The estate vineyards are located in the south and west of Montalcino (250/450 m above sea level)
Calcareous – clay – sandy silt
Sangiovese 100% , spurred cordon trellissing
Average 5.500 vines/ha
Hand-harvested, selection is prior to pressing.
Maceration and fermentation for 20/25 days in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks (26/28°C)
60% aged for 6 months in French oak barriques (225 l) and the remaining 40% in oak casks (10/30 hl) and bottle aged for at least 12 months
Intense shining ruby red colour. Fruity bouquet with good finesse with violets and berries, fresh taste, fruity mellow, good stuff and great balance.
PAIRINGS AND SERVICE
Excellent pairing for the entire meal, particularly with pasta, seafood, medium ripe cheese.
Suggested service temperature 18° C