The estate vineyards are located in the south and west of Montalcino (250/450 m above sea level)
Calcareous – clay – sandy silt
Sangiovese 100% , spurred cordon trellissing
Average 5.500 vines/ha
Hand harvested, selection prior to pressing.
Maceration and fermation for 20/25 days in temperature controlled stainless steel tanks (26/28°C)
60% aged for 24 months in French oak barriques (225 l) and the remaining 40% in oak casks (10/30 hl) and bottle aged for at least 24 months
Intense shining ruby red color. Fruity bouquet with good finesse with hints of ripe red berries, black pepper, liquirice, elegant spice. Intense taste of red berries, vanilla, well balanced tannins.
PAIRINGS AND SERVICE
Excellent pairig for the entire meal, particularly for stews, roasts, grilled meat and medium ripe cheese.
Suggested service temperature 18° C